Regional Conference "Participation of Persons with Disabilities in Politics and Elections",
Balkan Independent Disability Network (BIDF) and the Office of the OSCE More...
Project promotion in Sabac
Official promotion of the project Promotion of the philosophy of independent liv More...
Training for PA in Belgrade
Training for PA in September More...
Partnership - aims and challenges
Within the BIDF regional network More...
CIL Serbia organised a workshop More...
Center for Independent Living Serbia was founded in 1996 on cross-disability principle.
Today the Center acts from the nucleus in Belgrade and ten branch-offices in other towns of Serbia, working on promoting the philosophy of independent living of persons with disabilities and creating conditions for its implementation in Serbia. Accordingly, the mission defined at the beginning, has been conducted via work on the goals which include:
- Advocacy for creating basic civil and human rights of persons with disabilities
- Promoting social approach to disability in all the segments of social life
- Affirming abilities of persons with disabilities, the development of their potentials and personality
- Testing and promoting new services for the support of persons with disabilities - Personal Assistance Service
- Awareness raising on the need for creating the accessible environment, including housing and transportation
- Working on the double discrimination reduction and promotion of the rights of women with disabilities