New Public call for PA service
CIL Serbia and CIL Bor organised meeting More...
New training for PA
CIL Serbia provided three new training More...
New phase of project
After completing the first phase of the project More...
Closing Press Conference
ReLOaD program at its end and successful project implementation More...
Independent Living Day
ENIL published a guiding Manifesto with 4 key principles to realise Independent More...
Center for Disease Control and Prevention, USA
Among people with disabilities, the following groups are at higher risk of acquiring the H1N1 infection:
- People who have difficultly breathing – (ventilator users and individuals with asthma and other respiratory conditions – this could include individuals with a range of disabilities such as intellectual and developmental disabilities, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injury, seizure disorders, and metabolic conditions).
- People who have difficulty fighting infections or who are immunocompromised – (individuals with HIV, cancer, and other types of immune suppression, or individuals using immunosuppressive medications).
- People of any age who have chronic health conditions (heart disease, metabolic [i.e., diabetes], renal, hepatic, hematological [i.e. sickle cell anemia], pulmonary, or neurological disorders).
- People who have pharmacological dependency.
- People younger than 19 years of age who are receiving long-term aspirin therapy due to their risk of developing Reye’s Syndrome.
- Children prone to dehydration from poor nutritional and fluid intake caused by prolonged vomiting and diarrhea, or underlying metabolic conditions.
- People who have limited mobility or who cannot limit coming into contact with others who are infected, like staff and family members
- People who have trouble understanding or practicing preventive measures such as hand washing
- People who may not be able to communicate symptoms of illness
- People who may not be monitored closely for symptoms of illness
What are the symptoms of 2009 H1N1 flu?
The symptoms of 2009 H1N1 flu virus in people are similar to the symptoms of seasonal flu and include fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills, and fatigue. Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea. People may be infected with the flu, including 2009 H1N1, and have respiratory symptoms without a fever.
How can someone avoid getting 2009 H1N1 flu?
The flu is spread from person-to-person, mostly through coughing or sneezing. You can take simple actions to protect yourself and others from getting the flu:
· Get a seasonal flu shot now and the 2009 H1N1 flu shot as it becomes available.
· Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Germs spread this way.
· Try to avoid close contact with sick people. If you get sick with flu-like illness:
· Contact your health care provider. Your health care provider can determine if you need to be treated with antiviral medication.
· Keep away from others as much as possible to keep from making them sick. CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. Your fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.
Is there a vaccine against the 2009 H1N1 flu, and for whom is it available?
Yes. A vaccine for the 2009 H1N1 flu has been developed and is becoming available. Groups prioritized for initial doses of influenza vaccine based on their risk of developing severe disease include (see also http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccination/vaccine_keyfacts.htm):
· pregnant women,
· persons who live with or provide care for infants aged <6 months (e.g., parents, siblings, and daycare providers),
· health-care and emergency medical services personnel,*
· persons aged 6 months--24 years, and
· persons aged 25--64 years who have medical conditions that put them at higher risk for influenza-related complications.
Second seminar in Mataruska banja
Disability Convention Receives 100th Ratification
Workers With Disabilities: An Untapped Resource
A PLACE FOR US
Law for social protection
TRIBUNE “EDUCATION FOR ALL”
PLACE FOR US
Kampaign for Inclusive Education
EU RATIFIED CRPD
Good finish of 2010
THE BEST POSSIBLE NEW YEAR WISH COME TRUE
Advocacy for PA service in Novi Beograd
Comissioner for equality protection
International Day of Persons with Disability
Public transport in Belgrade
REGIONAL ROUND TABLE DEBATE
The Invisibles: disabled people in Britain
Organisations of Civil Society as service providers in social protection area
Mexico in Debt to the Disabled
Fourth workshop on CRPD
SERBIAN CANDIDATE IN UN COMMITTEE
Virtual Career and Education Day expands regionally!
Center for employment of persons with disability
LEGAL HELP TO FAMILIES OF CHILDREN WITH DISABILITY
New initiative in Bor
Promotion of project „Support to independent living of persons with disability in Serbia”
Special Advisor for International Disability Rights
Third workshop on monitoring and implementation CRPD in Serbia
Second workshop on monitoring and implementation CRPD in Serbia
Educating Students with Disabilities: Some Say It's Not Worth It
Workshop on monitoring and implementation CRPD in Serbia
INFORMATION BULLETIN - European Court of Human Rights upholds the right to vote of persons with disabilities
European Call for Protest: Inclusion - "Being there from the start"! 05 May, 2010
European Day of Solidarity between Generations, 29 April 2010 - ENIL
Rights and reality: disabled people’s experiences of accessing goods and services
ENIL calls for an end to Death by Social Indifference
Four more countries ratify CRPD
Disability Awareness in Action Newsletter
SEMINAR IN NIKSIC, MONTENEGRO
CIL in Belgrade too
We have our lives back
JOBS FOR ALL
MD persons continue hunger strike
Call for 140 financial support for 140 students with disability
Council of Europe calls for deinstitutionalisation of children with disabilities
NOTHING ABOUT US WITHOUT US: THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT DRIVES FORWARD DISABILITY RIGHTS
“Incredible stories of invisible lives” exhibition in Uzice
Draft of Law on Social Protection
30 years United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women
Opening Conference of the European Year for Combating Poverty and Social Exclusion,
The sky's the limit for disabled athletes in Serbia
CRPD Ratifications reach 76
Round table "Development the advocacy capacities of organisations of persons with disability in Serbia"
With Parthership Towards Development
FREE OUR PEOPLE NOW!
COMMEMORATING THE INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ELIMINATION OF VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN
Center for Disease Control and Prevention, USA
Persons with disability in politic life everywhere
ENIL has 777 members in Facebook
Disability and policy
„Love and Kindness“ Fund
Women with disability
„A Midnight Summer Dream“
Court Cases filed in the Name of Persons with Disability
Freedom Drive 2009 - Demands
INFORMATION FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ABOUT H1N1 VIRUS
My world has changed – two stories in one
European Citizen Award
Not just a pretty Facebook
First deaf Member of Parliament is sworn in
Letter to Prime Minister Cvetkovic
PA Service in Leskovac too
International Day of Persons with Disabilities - 3 December 2009
New TV broadcast
Malta: MOTE - My Opinion My Vote
Access to persons with disability
„CLOSER TOGETHER“ PROJECT
SERBIA RATIFIED UN CONVENTION
Court case dealing with UN COnvention in Germany
WHY SHOULD EUROPE INCREASE THE MATERNITY LEAVE?
Learning disability genes found
Poland: Disabled People Excluded from EU Elections
International Autism Day
Coucil for persons with disability
My right to be healthy
International Day of Rare Diseases
PERSONAL ASSISTANCE BILLS
Disability Equality: Promoting Positive Attitudes
SERVICE IN JAGODINA
White House launched a new website today and disability issues are highlighted under the Agenda heading
Conference on Cooperation for Improvement of Disability Policy in Serbia
Workshhop on CRPD
First Committee of Experts on Disability Rights Convention Elected
GREAT SUPPORT TO ANTONIJEVIC FAMILY
Parking for everyone
Electoral rights for PWDs in Albania
The ways of integration
Finding a College That Suits Students “With Special Needs”
Another silver medal for Serbia
The Annual march for Disabled Visibility in Madrid
Good Practise/Bad Practice
UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD)
Free our People!
All... but not retard.
European Day of Disabled People 2008
Parents' fury at 'Down's Syndrome dolls'
Eurobarometer on discrimination
Less sex, less fun
Coming Soon, a Braille Silver Dollar
Roads to integration
Disability proves no barrier to Olympic inclusion
Media and Disability
Media and disability
Are there any changes in preparations for Paraolympics?
U.N Issues Stamps to Commemorate Disability Treaty
Beijing 'sorry' for offending disabled
Government unveils new package for disabled children
China Sets Gold Standard in Offending Disabled
Way to Independence
Wishes could come true
Seminar on reforms of social protection system
National Conference on Gender Equality
Mobility International Seeks Young Adults
Wal-Mart settles with applicant with disability [USA]
First Contestant with a Disability to Compete for Miss USA Title
INFO - CENTER
INACCESSIBILITY IS DISCRIMINATION!
UN Convention on PWDs rights
Conference on National strategy for Youth
Bits and pieces from Slovenija
Meeting with Bozidar Djelic
Focus group “Social services for PWDs“
SHARE SEE Grantee Training
Make a date
It's Okay to Stare... Then Engage a Question!
Sombor hosted workshop "sex, gender, disability"
Dancing Beyond Disability
Seminar HUMAN BEING AND ITS ENVIRONMENT
Project From Alternative to Standardisation
The regional group of experts in social service provision for people with disabilities
Youth Regional conference
Are we going to Europe?
Disability Guide to Disneyland Paris
POI Conference "From cause to the result: New approaches towards disability"
Open Letter to the Government, Members of National Assembly Competent Institutions and Policy Makers
Centre plan for disabled actors
An Autistic Dream
MEETING ON DISABILITY ISSUES IN SERBIA
A PARAGIDM SHIFT FROM 'CHARITY' TO 'RIGHTS AND DIGNITY'
New Visa rules
Disabled rights champion honoured
Map of the World